ADHD ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT SERVICES
The Centers for Family Change has specialized in the assessment and treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) for over 25 years. We provide assessment and treatment of ADHD for Children, Adolescents and Adults.
The Assessment Process
The Centers for Family Change utilizes an in-depth interview based assessment which includes:
- Detailed assessment of current symptoms (supplemented by rating scales).
- Assessment of symptoms' impact on functioning at home/school/work.
- Thorough history of symptoms dating back to childhood.
- Screening for other diagnoses and problems.
- Screening of executive functioning.
- Consultation with school staff (for children and teens) and other professionals.
When the assessment is complete a feedback session is held to review findings, clarify whether a diagnosis of ADHD is appropriate, and provide treatment recommendations. If additional assessment is needed to evaluate other concerns, such as learning disabilities, we will provide referrals.
Fees for Assessment
The ADHD assessment takes 3-5 office visits (which are billed to and typically covered by insurance). There is an additional fee of $150.00 (not billable to insurance) to cover the cost of rating scales, record review, consultation with other professionals, and written summary of the assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions about the ADHD Assessment
(including how to prepare for the assessment)
Treatment Options Offered by the Centers for Family Change
- Family Therapy: to assist parents in developing more effective parenting strategies.
- Individual therapy: to assist individuals in better managing their ADHD symptoms.
- Couples therapy: to address the impact of one partners’ ADHD on their marriage/relationship.
- Group Therapy: to help children and teens who need assistance with social skills.*
Fees for Treatment
Most insurance will cover the cost of the therapy sessions for the treatment of ADHD.
There is a well-established body of research to support medication-based treatment of ADHD. While Centers for Family Change does not have a physician on staff we will provide your physician or psychiatrist with a summary of our findings and our staff can assist you in locating resources for medication based treatment, if needed.
For additional information
Please visit the ADHD section of our website or call us at 630 586-0900 for additional information about , our approach to assessing and treating ADHD.
*See the What’s New section on our website for information on current group therapy options.