- Some thoughts on Andrew Solomon’s “Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity”
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): Not Just CBT Light!
- Brothers: On his Brothers and Brothers in History: by George Howe Colt
- Ethical Challenges Posed by Technology & Social media
- A Must Read: “Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills are Killing Us” by Steven Brill
- Why I Still Recommend Family Therapy
- Are We a Brand? “Reflections on What Brand Is Your Therapist?”* by Lori Gottlieb
- The Black Swan: Second Edition; A really worthwhile read!
- Freud’s Last Session or is there a God
- Book Reviews and more: A new blog Feature
Category Archives: What’s in the News: Comments on news items
In this thought provoking New York Times piece Gottlieb, a relatively new therapist (and former journalist) describes the dilemmas many clinicians face in terms of “how much” and “how to” market themselves. This challenge is compounded on increased pressures on … Continue reading
A recent study about a so called “honest placebo” has received a good deal of attention. This study is particularly intriguing because unlike other studies of placebo interventions the participants clearly knew they were being given a placebo, yet still … Continue reading