Anxiety disorders were once thought of as adult concerns. However, in today’s increasingly stressful world more and more children are experiencing significant problems with anxiety:
- Excessive worrying and fearfulness
- Panic Disorders, including Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety, Specific Phobias, Trichotillomania
- Test Anxiety
Therapy can help resolve these problems. Research on anxiety disorders has shown that therapy is often the most effective approach in working with anxiety.
At the Centers for Family Change we work with you and your child to:
- Overcome anxiety symptoms.
- Develop more effective strategies for managing stress and frustration.
- Understand and cope with issues that may underlie their anxiety.
At the Centers for Family Change we look at each child and adolescent as an individual. We focus on understanding the nature of the anxiety problem and then determine the best approach to treating this problem, whether this be more traditional insight oriented therapy or a Cognitive Behavioral or symptom focused approach.
We emphasize family involvement in the treatment of anxiety. Parents can learn strategies to help their child master anxiety and help their child by working to lessen any stresses that may be underlying their child’s anxiety.
Please click here for more information on Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents.